Coalition for West Rehoboth
News Alert: Owners of the Jane and Georgie Boutique donating their building to the Coalition for West Rehoboth.
The Coalition for West Rehoboth, Inc. has many projects in the pipeline for you to get involved in either as a volunteer(s) or a sponsor, believe us when we say there is plenty to do and we need your help in 2013!!!!!!
The Revitalization Program and our projects list follows our “Purpose Statement.”
- Improve the quality of life:
- Housing – seek donation of quality homes for residents living in substandard housing, form partnerships for the installation as permanent structures and make the homes affordable for the average income within the community.
- Partner with Speer/ CRC (LRAC) on Transitional Housing Programs for residents living in substandard housing (a 9 mouth program to support families while educated and instructed to become self maintaining in quality housing).
- Home improvement – 9 families have been identified as needing a “HAND UP” in maintaining their homes...for information to help with this program contact our Project Director Kevin McKinney at email@example.com or phone 302-362-6453.
- Community Center Expansion program – the Community Center is the HUB of West Rehoboth the structure was built in the late 90's and needs updating and or an expansion due to over-crowding. Needs include new programs, painting inside and out, parking lot maintenance, the playground, storage areas, kitchen equipment and HVAC upgrades, enlargement of computer lab and some additional office space.
West Rehoboth Community Center (click to enlarge)
- Museum of Black History concerning the West Rehoboth Community its history and life growing up in the community with it's residents. This project is being explored with the American Legion, which is within West Rehoboth, for the historic preservation of that Historic Building and the veterans, who served from the West Rehoboth Community.
West Rehoboth Museum Site (click to enlarge)
- Community Clean Up Day
- Landscaping historical signs and the Community Center
- Tree planting street scape program in partnership with the city of Rehoboth Beach
- Betterment and safety:
- Maintain street lighting
- Promote partnership to limit crime within the community
- Community events:
- Support organizations that provide educational resources to the residents which included summer programs, after school programs, GED, crime and bullying awareness programs, etc.
- Community picnics and social events built on the themes of “sense of community” and fostering fellowship
The Goal for 2012 is to raise $567,005 and as of June 1, we have reached $205,005 so your help would be appreciated. “Most gifts and donations are Tax Deductable.” Please visit our Donation section within this website for details on how to support the West Rehoboth Community Revitalization Plan and information on Tax Incentives related to your gifts.
PLEASE UNDERSTAND IT IS YOUR GENEROUSITY THAT KEEPS WEST REHOBOTH ALIVE AND OUR PROGRAM WORKING FOR THESE NEIGHBORS WHO COULD USE A HANDS UP BIT OF SUPPORT. ANY HELP LARGE OR SMALL MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE AND VOLUNTEERS COULD NOT BE MORE WELCOME TO VISIT OUR COMMUNITY TO HELP IN ANY FORM OR SKILL “ALL ARE WELCOME IN WEST REHOBOTH.”